If you’re a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant who consults on medical malpractice legal nurse consultant jobs for plaintiff attorneys, it’s important to go beyond what happened at the bedside. A case is much more compelling when you take it up the hierarchal scale by examining the healthcare facility’s responsibility to the patient. Don’t just focus on the over-worked, underpaid, stressed RN caring for the patient.
- Negligent short staffing.
- Inappropriate delegation of a provider not qualified to treat the patient.
- Failure to have an appropriate policy and procedure in place.
- Inadequate supervision of staff.
- Failure to respond to an RN’s communication regarding a deteriorating patient.
- Negligent credentialing of an MD.
It’s not always the registered nurse at the bedside who has impacted outcome, and taking the case up the hierarchal scale makes the case more interesting and more compelling to a jury. While you never want to ignore what happened at the bedside, it pays to focus on the inner workings of the healthcare facility and how that facility has adversely impacted patient outcome on every legal nurse consultant job.
Success Is Yours!