Vickie Milazzo Institute respects your concerns about privacy. As covered in the Information Disclosure section below, the Institute does not make our customer list available to outside companies.
The Institute collects information about its prospects, website visitors, customers, students, CLNC® consultants and/or NACLNC® Association members in three primary ways, each of which is discussed below:
- The information you provide when registering for a purchase, either by shopping cart, phone, email, mail or fax, includes general facts necessary for the Institute to complete your order. This includes your name, mailing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, credit card information and email address. This information is stored in a secure location separate and distinct from this website.
- The only information you provide when you register to receive email from the Institute is your name and email address. The Institute only uses this information to respond to your submissions and to send informational emails. We do not share email addresses with any third parties. To register for email from the Institute, complete this form. You should expect no more than a maximum of twenty informational emails per month.
To be removed from the Institute’s email database use the “modify or remove” link included at the bottom of any such email or send an email to remove@LegalNurse.com with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line of the email.
In the event you have signed up with FeedBlitz to receive email updates regarding Vickie’s Legal Nurse Consulting Blog, you will need to use the “modify or remove” link included at the bottom of all FeedBlitz email in order to be removed from the FeedBlitz email database.
- The information you provide when you register to receive informational mailings from the Institute consists of your name, mailing address, phone number(s) and may include your email address. The Institute uses this information only to respond to your submissions and to send the Institute’s informational mailings. To register to receive informational mail from the Institute, please complete this form.
- To discontinue receiving informational mail from the Institute, please call the Institute at 800.880.0944, or send an email to
remove@LegalNurse.com stating that you wish to stop receiving informational mail and/or email from the Institute. Be sure to include your name, email address and U.S. postal mailing address or send a letter including the same information to the Institute at 2726 Bissonnet St Ste 240 PMB 632, Houston, TX 77005-1319. We will do our best to comply with your request. Please note that many promotions and mailings are completed well in advance, so you may continue to receive some offers after you ask us to stop sending you your information. We appreciate your patience in giving us time to carry out your request.
- If you wish to confirm and/or update the validity of the information you provided when you registered to make a purchase or to receive informational mailings from the Institute, simply call the Institute at 800.880.0944 during the Institute’s regular business hours. A CLNC® Career Advisor will be happy to assist you in reviewing, updating and confirming your information.
- Certain pages within the Institute’s secure online shopping cart may be “framed” within a page that has the look and feel of the Institute’s site but is in fact hosted on a secure server by a third-party service provider of the Institute. Any personal information collected in that process is only collected for the purpose of completing your purchase as part of the secure shopping process. This information is directed to the Institute and is not shared by the provider collecting such data for the Institute.
- Certain pages within the Institute’s online programs may be “framed” within a page that has the look and feel of the Institute’s site but is in fact hosted on a secure server by a third-party service provider of the Institute. Any personal information collected or stored in that process is only collected or stored for the purpose of allowing you to complete the Institute’s Online programs as part of the educational process. This information is directed to the Institute and is not shared by the provider collecting such data for the Institute.
The Institute does not disclose any private communications that are directed to the Institute or its website, including email, chat, social media or other communications to the Institute, except to comply with valid legal processes issued by a court of competent jurisdiction, such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders, to protect the Institute’s rights and property, or during emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk. Please be aware that any comments posted to social media are available to any member of the applicable social media. Please be aware that any comments posted to Vickie’s Legal Nurse Consulting Blog are available to any reader. Any comments made during a chat session with the Institute are viewable only to the Institute and the person participating in the chat. The Institute archives these chat transcripts for quality review and security purposes only.
The Institute posts customer testimonials on our website(s) which contain the customer’s name, credentials (as disclosed to the Institute) and state of residence at the time the testimonial is made. Testimonials are only posted with the customer’s advance written consent prior to posting any such testimonial and accompanying information.
In the event of a sale or transfer of ownership of the Institute, or a substantial portion of its assets, customer information, including personal information, will be transferred to the acquiring entity. In the event of any such transfer, the Institute will, to the extent allowed by any agreement(s) relating to such transfer, notify you in accordance with the “Notification of Changes” provisions below.
Other than as discussed above, and to advisors to, and consultants with, the Institute, any such information is not, and will not, be released to third parties unless required by law or by a court of reasonable jurisdiction.
Information such as your mailing or delivery addresses is used by the Institute only as discussed herein and to facilitate the delivery of mailings from the Institute and products you may order from the Institute. This information may be shared with third parties such as the USPS and other mailing and delivery services. Except as provided herein, any such information is not, and will not, be released to third parties unless required by law or by court of reasonable jurisdiction.
The information you provide if you register for a purchase, either by shopping cart, phone, email, mail or fax, includes general facts necessary for the Institute to complete your order. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, mailing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, credit card information and email address.
The Institute’s ISP/servers automatically gather information about the areas you visit on our website as well as referring URLs, IP addresses, ISPs and/or domains as well as other similar information routinely collected by ISPs as “traffic data” from log files. This information is retained by the Institute’s ISP/servers and is disclosed only to the Institute. The Institute uses the information generated from traffic data, log files and navigational data in an aggregated form to understand how our website visitors, customers, students, CLNC® consultants and/or NACLNC®Association members are using our website, to analyze trends and to administer and make improvements to the website. Other than advisors to, and consultants with, the Institute, such as marketing or website analytics companies, any such information is not, and will not, be released to third parties unless required by law or by a court of reasonable jurisdiction. We do not track where you go once you leave the Institute’s website.
Information regarding the types of products and services you purchase from the Institute is recorded by the Institute. This is true of purchases made online, through mail order, phone order or other sales portals/channels. This information is used by the Institute to develop statistical information in order to determine what products and services are most useful to our customers, students, CLNC® consultants and/or NACLNC® Association members. We also use this information to make offers to you for other products or services that we believe you may find useful. You may choose not to receive marketing offers from the Institute. Please see the above policy for information on how to remove yourself from our marketing lists. Other than advisors to, and consultants with, the Institute, such as marketing or website analytics companies, any such information is not, and will not, be released to third parties unless required by law or by a court of reasonable jurisdiction.
The Institute uses “cookies” on its website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our website, and a visitor may use our website even if the visitor rejects the cookie. The Institute simply uses these cookies to understand how our website visitors, customers, students, CLNC® consultants and/or NACLNC®Association members are using our website, to analyze trends, administer and make improvements to the website. Other than advisors to, and consultants with, the Institute, any such information is not, and will not, be released to third parties unless required by law or by a court of reasonable jurisdiction. If you choose to reject this cookie you will not notice any difference in our website.
If you are a customer, student, CLNC® consultant and/or NACLNC® Association member who has access to the NACLNC® Association section of the website, the Institute will store a cookie on your hard drive. This cookie in cooperation with your web browser may eliminate your need to remember your username and password when you log in to the membership section on return visits during a given month. If you choose to reject this cookie you will simply have to re-enter your password and username each time you enter the NACLNC® Association section.
There are several exceptions to the Institute’s privacy policies. These are as follows:
- The Institute will release specific information to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- To protect the Institute’s rights and property in the sole discretion of the Institute.
- During emergencies when, in the sole discretion of the Institute, we believe physical safety is at risk.
The Institute uses the industry’s highest standard of data encryption and positive identification technology to ensure that your online purchasing experience is safe and secure. Security measures are triggered automatically when you enter our online shopping cart. Your order will be submitted only if your computer and our server are communicating in a secure mode.
We employ stringent security technology to encrypt sensitive information, including your contact information and credit card information. If you prefer to complete your order by phone rather than online, please call us at 800.880.0944 between 8:30am and 4:30pm Central Standard Time.
Before your order and personal information are transmitted to the Institute, your browser will make a positive identification that communication is being conducted with the Institute’s servers. While on a secure page the lock icon in the address bar or on the bottom of Web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox® and Microsoft® Internet Explorer® appears locked, as opposed to unlocked (or open). Only upon authentication of a secure connection to the Institute’s servers will your order be processed online. This authentication by your browser takes place when you enter the shopping cart, before your order is actually submitted to the Institute.
Your encrypted information is automatically transferred via a secure connection to a secure server not accessible to anyone online. Your order is then processed internally; no one except the Institute’s order processors will have access to your information.
None of our website visitors, customers, students, CLNC® consultants and/or NACLNC® Association members has ever reported fraudulent use of a credit card as a result of purchases made on this website or from the Institute. In the event that your credit card is used to make a purchase online without your authorization and your credit card issuer holds you liable, the Institute will reimburse you for the liability you incur for unauthorized use, up to a maximum of fifty dollars ($50). You must notify your credit card issuer of the unauthorized use in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures in order to qualify for this protection. Our customer service representatives will work with you to resolve such situations quickly with the least amount of inconvenience to you.
Information Request Form
Information received from you via the Information Request Form on this website is used solely to identify you to the Institute to aid us in answering any questions that you may have. Unless you request otherwise, the information you provide is not used by the Institute for any purpose other than answering your inquiry(ies) or as described above.
Any links or bookmarks that connect this website to any other website or web page are provided as a courtesy to the users of this website. The Institute assumes no liability or responsibility for the content, accuracy, completeness or compliance with applicable federal, state, local or international laws regarding any content appearing on any such linked or bookmarked website. The Institute is not responsible for the creation and administration of privacy policies of other websites. We recommend that you be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Third-Party Service Providers
Notification of Changes
Questions or Concerns
Vickie Milazzo Institute
2726 Bissonnet St Ste 240 PMB 632
Houston, TX 77005