Legal Nurse Consultant Certification Process Overview
LegalNurse.com’s Certified Legal Nurse Consultant Program is the first standardized certification curriculum devoted solely to the body of knowledge unique to the legal nurse consultant. Since its inception attorneys nationwide have come to rely on the trademark CLNC® Certification. The official certification of the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants (NACLNC®), the CLNC Certification was implemented with the input of successful consultants nationwide.
Administered by LegalNurse.com, the Certified Legal Nurse Consultant Certification process attests to your attainment of specialized knowledge. CLNC Certification is designed for registered nurses seeking the in-depth knowledge and continuing education necessary to practice in this sophisticated and rapidly changing field.
While certification promotes and maintains quality, it does not license, confer a right or privilege upon or otherwise define the qualifications of anyone in the legal nurse consulting field.
Certification Program Administration and Development
The CLNC Certification is the official certification of the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants (NACLNC), which was founded by LegalNurse.com.
The CLNC Certification Examination effectively tests the education, reasoning, analyzing skills and understanding required to practice as a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant.
- The examination was developed by a diverse group of professional Certified Legal Nurse Consultants from practice areas representing the entire legal nurse consulting field.
- The examination is subjected to a rigorous review process and is updated regularly for validity, relevancy, degree of difficulty and methodology.
- This process keeps the CLNC Certification Examination an accurate and fair analysis of the skills and education needed by legal nurse consultants in active practice.
The CLNC® Certification Mark
- CLNC is a federally registered certification mark of LegalNurse.com. When you become a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant, you may use the CLNC certification mark. Registered nurses who have not achieved certification through the Institute or whose certification has expired or has been revoked are not authorized to use the CLNC certification mark or the title Certified Legal Nurse Consultant.
- The ® after the CLNC certification mark indicates that the CLNC certification mark is a federally registered certification mark belonging to the Institute. When you become certified through the Institute, you will simply use the CLNC certification mark after your name without the ® as in Judy Smith, RN, CLNC.
- The CM after the Certified Legal Nurse ConsultantCM title indicates that this title is a certification mark belonging to the Institute. When you become certified through the Institute, you will simply use the Certified Legal Nurse ConsultantCM title after your name without the CM as in Judy Smith, Certified Legal Nurse Consultant.