2021 is around the corner. One year filled with 365 opportunities to grow your legal nurse consulting business. Approach 2021 strategically with imagination, creation and innovation and you will experience a year that is even stronger than 2020.
- Start with defining your current state. Where are you right now in your CLNC® business? What is your desired state? Where do you want to go? Use your imagination to see this future place.
- Define your strengths. Are you leveraging those strengths? How can you better leverage your strengths in 2021? Find innovative ways to use those strengths in your legal nurse consulting business.
- Be honest about your weaknesses. What are they? Are you managing them? How do they keep you from moving toward your desired state? How can you better manage your weaknesses in 2021?
- Assess your recognized challenges. What will you do about them? Who can help? A CLNC Mentor? A CLNC subcontractor?
- Set your goals. Be realistic, but big enough. One Certified Legal Nurse Consultant affirms “If I fall short of a big goal, I’m still accomplishing more than if I achieve a smaller goal.” Set specific and measurable goals. This is where you will want to unleash your creativity.
- Define specific strategies and the specific action steps you will implement for each strategy. Set target dates you will live up to and put them on your calendar (with reminders).
Taking 30 minutes now to gear up for 2021 is worth your time. You’ll have 365 opportunities for imagination, creation and innovation. Follow these 6 simple steps and you’ll be well on your way before the New Year even gets here!
Vickie L. Milazzo, RN, MSN, JD
P.S. Comment and share how you are gearing up for 2021.