The 2017 NACLNC Conference is less than two months away, so it’s time to start planning all your excursions and figuring out all the fun things that you’ll want to do onboard too. The Harmony of the Seas is brand new and one of the largest cruise ships in the world.
We’re all going to be together for a week on this magnificent vessel, so while you’re not in one of the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants educational conference sessions, discussing legal nurse consultant jobs with your CLNC® colleagues or networking for legal nurse consultant subcontractors, here’s 16 fun things you can do:
- Cruise the Hoods: The Harmony has seven different neighborhoods – Central Park (my favorite for the trees and squirrels), Royal Promenade (my favorite for the shopping), Pool and Sports Zone (my favorite for the excitement), Fitness Center (my favorite for the weight-lifting), Vitality at Sea Spa (my favorite for relaxing), Entertainment Place (my favorite for dancing) and the Youth Zone (my favorite because all my CLNC friends can drop their kids there for the week) and we can then enjoy “adult” time together.
- Dance Your Heart Out at the Family Silent Party: When you enter this disco you get your own set of headphones, pick your own music and can sing and dance without the fear of anyone hearing you. Here’s the best part, whether you’re dancing to Frank Sinatra, Prince or Milli Vanilli, no one will know but you. Remember, at sea no one can hear you sing (unless they take their headphones off to listen). Count me in!
- Escape the Mundane: Joining the ultra-trendy “escape room” games, Harmony’s “Escape the Rubicon” strands a small group of travelers in a pretend space ship. They then have less than an hour to find and follow the clues to get the spaceship underway. Apparently less than 40% of “normal” travelers solve the puzzle, but I’m sure that 100% of the CLNC consultants will (or they better, LOL).
- Travel Back to the Future: The 1887: A Journey in Time ice show has been described as the best steampunk ice show at sea. If you don’t know what steampunk is, well perhaps you’ll have to join your Certified Legal Nurse Consultant colleagues and enjoy the show, or just see it on your own first.
- Take a Sea Horse Ride: Not really a sea horse per se, but CLNC consultants of all ages should enjoy at least one ride on the one-of-a-kind, handcrafted carousel located in the Boardwalk neighborhood. You may not catch a brass ring, but you can sure enjoy the ups and downs of some good old-fashioned fun.
- Get Lost in the Perfect Storm: Choose from three different water slides that each offer their own particular brand of thrill. Or, you can ride all three of the Supercell, Typhoon and Cyclone. Race a colleague down the 3-story drop, but be sure to choose the Cyclone which deposits you into a giant champagne bowl (and then go celebrate with a glass of real champagne to celebrate your derring-do).
- Zip It: What’s an 1,187 ft long cruise ship without a zip line? We’ll never know because the Harmony has its own zip line far above the Boardwalk. Wave to your fellow Certified Legal Nurse Consultants as you fly by their inside balcony staterooms – just don’t let go!
- Take the Flow to the Max: No this isn’t about pharmaceuticals. Here’s your chance to surf a 60,000 gallon/minute flow of water. The line is sure to be short because the Harmony has two Flowriders® for double the CLNC fun. If you’ve never hung ten, this may not be the time to try but we’ll all enjoy watching.
- Enjoy the Robotics: Certified Legal Nurse Consultants may have mixed feelings about robotic surgery, but one thing they can all agree on is mixed drinks by a robot bartender. The good news is that the only risks here are falling off your stool after one martini too many.
- Rock Out: If you’ve ever wanted to enjoy the view from the top, take a chance and climb to the top of one of the two rock-climbing walls. Once you’re up there you’ll enjoy an unparalleled view from more than 200 ft above sea level. I’ll meet you up there!
- Ride the Tide: The Rising Tide Bar is a unique moving, or rising, bar that goes from the Royal Promenade deck up to Central Park. You have plenty of time to savor your drinks on the way up, down or both. Think of it as an “adult” elevator ride or riding a lifeboat with really good drinks.
- Drop Down a Rabbit Hole: I’ve always warned Certified Legal Nurse Consultants about going down rabbit trails in their legal nurse consultant jobs, but all the way up on Deck 16 is a slide called The Ultimate Abyss. You’ll ride a magic carpet (really a mat) down a 10-story drop ending up on the Boardwalk. There’s two so you can race a friend to lunch, if you have the stomach afterwards.
- Enjoy the Show: With theaters, ice shows, comedy shows, dance parties and more, you’ll never run out of things to do, so plan on getting out of your cabin and having some fun with your family and CLNC colleagues. Just remember to attend the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants educational conference sessions on Monday and Thursday!
- Get Wired (or Wireless): The Harmony calls Voom the fastest wireless Internet at sea. It will allow you to stay in touch with your attorney-clients and keep up-to-date on your legal nurse consultant jobs – if you choose. Check out the Cruise Planner and Royal Caribbean website for more information.
- Stay Hydrated. We are nurses and we need caffeine! Bottled water and wine bills can add up quickly onboard, especially if you’re traveling with your spouse. Purchase your all-you-can-drink soda or wine plans before or after you board. You can even buy a bottled water package in advance too. Pricing varies, so visit Royal Caribbean’s Blog for pricing and tequila options (just kidding – maybe).
- Join Us for the Exclusive NACLNC Networking Events. We have lots of special events planned for you. Your family and cabin mates are invited to ALL of the NACLNC networking functions. Look for me, your CLNC colleagues and the pirate flags. We can’t wait either!
- Saturday, March 4 from 7:30-8:30pm – MANDATORY NACLNC Conference Registration and Welcome Reception. Go to Dazzles on Deck 8 to sign in. Get registered early because the NACLNC Welcome Reception starts right at 7:30pm and you can’t get your free tropical drinks if you haven’t signed in!
- Every evening at 8:30pm – NACLNC Networking Dinners. Join us in the Main Dining Room for late-seating dinner. We have a special section just for CLNC consultants, your guests and families. To make the most out of this unique opportunity, be sure to sit with someone new every evening. Nothing’s better than networking over dessert, especially if it’s on fire!
- Sunday, March 5, 7:15-8:15pm – Captain’s Welcome Aboard Reception. And it’s formal night, so put on your tux, formal, little black dress or just something extra fancy and strut down the Royal Promenade in style. You can get your photo taken with the Captain and head to the 8:30pm NACLNC Networking Dinner! After dinner we’re off for some serious table-time in the ship’s casino or a formal moonlight stroll. I’m having a hard time choosing between that romantic stroll and the craps table. I don’t have to gamble on what Tom’s choice will be – what about yours?
- Monday, March 6 at 7:30pm – CLNC Night at the AquaTheater. After an action-packed day of NACLNC educational sessions, come to Deck 6, aft for a thrilling performance.
- Thursday, March 9 at 10:15pm – Ice Show. After another fun day of NACLNC educational sessions, join us in Studio B on Deck 4 for one of my new favorites, the Ice Show. I’ll see you there and remember it’s formal night, so dress up and shine!
- Friday, March 10 from 5:00-6:00pm – CLNC Night at the Royal Theater. After a full day of cruising and enjoying all the Harmony has to offer, come to the Royal Theater on Deck 4, forward for a Broadway-style show.
- Friday, March 10 from 7:30-8:30pm – Private NACLNC Farewell Reception. It’s our last trip to Studio B on Deck 4 and there’s no better way to end your cruise than with cocktails and snacks. Come raise a glass and toast to your fellow CLNC colleagues.
Since I know you’re not on the 2017 NACLNC Conference Cruise for the vacation and fun, remember the two days of premier NACLNC educational sessions designed just for you. We’ve scheduled them for sea days so you won’t miss a single port city. Get your CLNC legs ready and CLNC you onboard!
Success Is Yours!
P.S. Comment and share your fun ideas for the 2017 National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants Conference Cruise.
P.P.S. If you are joining me on the cruise, watch for an email from me on February 9, 2017 which will give you the link to the Conference textbook. Then on February 16, 2017, you’ll receive very important announcements which you’ll want to read and print before you depart for the cruise. Next, on February 23, 2017 you’ll receive final important instructions.
P.P.P.S. Just a reminder to make sure you (and everyone in your party) have passports. You’ll need them to get on the ship and back into the states when we return. Like I always say, if you don’t look like your passport picture now, don’t despair, you will by the end of our time together!