“I am amazed at how fast my CLNC® business has taken off…The CLNC Certification Program gave me the tools to bring my dream of being an entrepreneur to fruition. You changed my life forever!”
– Caroline Birchmore
RN, MN, FNP, CLNC
On-Site or Online Exam Formats
The CLNC® Certification Exam can be taken in two formats. Vickie Milazzo Institute offers the CLNC Exam at every Certification Seminar and Online.
Review the exam options below to help determine which format is best for you.
Seminar (On-Site) Examination Testing for the CLNC® Certification Program
You take the exam at the Live CLNC® 5-Day Certification Seminar.
Vickie Milazzo Institute offers the CLNC Certification Examination in a booklet format at the end of each CLNC 5-Day Certification Seminar.
- This allows you to complete the CLNC Certification Examination immediately following the review session (held on Day 5).
- Candidates test together in the meeting space used for the CLNC 5-Day Certification Seminar.
- The testing environment is professional, secure and standardized.
All examinations are in English and are administered by paper and pencil (booklet) testing only. The 75-minute CLNC Certification Examination consists of 80 multiple-choice questions. The examination tests the basic knowledge and the application of knowledge encompassing not only tasks legal nurse consultants perform, but also the ability to conduct oneself as a professional legal nurse consultant.
- You must receive a score of 70% or more to pass the examination. If you are successful, you will receive access to print your CLNC Certification certificate.
- There is an additional administration fee for students of the CLNC 5-Day Certification Seminar who either are unable to sit for the examination on Day 5 or who choose to take the examination online. Please contact a Vickie Milazzo Institute staff member for information prior to Day 5 of your seminar if you cannot take the exam on Day 5.
The Online CLNC® Certification Exam for the CLNC Online Certification Program
Vickie Milazzo Institute offers the CLNC Certification Examination online.
- You must apply for the examination within one year of purchasing your CLNC Online Certification Program. Processing and approving your application takes approximately two business days so you should plan ahead.
- After completing your study of the CLNC Online Certification Program, complete and submit the evaluation and CLNC Certification Exam application.
All examinations are in English. The one-and-a-half-hour CLNC Certification Examination consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. The examination tests the basic knowledge and the application of knowledge encompassing not only tasks legal nurse consultants perform, but also the ability to conduct oneself as a professional legal nurse consultant.
There’s no waiting to find out how you did. You receive your score immediately upon completing the CLNC Exam. You must receive a score of 70% or more to pass the examination. If you are successful, you will receive access to print your CLNC Certification certificate.
If you are enrolled in the CLNC Online Certification Program, the application process for the online CLNC Certification Examination is as follows:
- You must submit the following:
- Completed CLNC Certification Program evaluation.
- Completed examination application.
- Required fee (if applicable).
- The examination application and the evaluation form can be found online at the links provided in your product confirmation email, or you may call the Institute at 800.880.0944.
- If mailing your exam application, send all application materials to:
Vickie Milazzo Institute
2726 Bissonnet St Ste 240 PMB 632
Houston, TX 77005
If you want verification that the Institute has received your application, send it via certified mail with return receipt requested. Vickie Milazzo Institute cannot be responsible for any materials lost or delayed in the mail. Your receipt from the postal service verifies that the material was mailed on a specific date. Also, applications sent by certified mail may be traceable by the postal service. You may wish to fax your materials to: 713.942.8075.
- Vickie Milazzo Institute will verify your eligibility.
- Vickie Milazzo Institute will send you instructions and an eligibility notice indicating your scheduled date and time to log in and take the CLNC Certification Exam.
- Once you start the CLNC Certification Examination you must submit the exam within the 90-minute period. Once you start, failure to submit the exam for any reason will result in a rescheduling fee.
Taking the online CLNC® Certification Examination.
- Once you are ready to start the test, 90 minutes are allotted for the examination itself. Answer each question to the best of your ability. If time permits after answering all the questions, you may review your examination and change any responses.
- Your examination results will be posted on the computer screen immediately after you complete the exam.
- If you received a passing score of 70% or greater, you will receive your CLNC Certification notice via email.
Rescheduling, cancellation or failure to keep a scheduled exam appointment.
- If rescheduling or cancelling the CLNC Certification Exam, you must notify Vickie Milazzo Institute at 713.942.2200 within six (6) business days prior to your original scheduled exam date. A processing fee is required to reschedule the exam if this six-day notification requirement is not met.
- A processing fee applies for a missed exam appointment, a failed exam or failure to submit the exam within the 90-minute period.
- Refunds are not available for unsuccessful candidates.
- If you sit for the examination and do not receive a passing score, you are NOT eligible for any refund. You can retest at any time for a retesting fee.
- There are no exceptions to these requirements.
Candidates requiring special accommodations.
- Vickie Milazzo Institute wants to ensure that no individual is deprived of the opportunity to take the CLNC Certification Examination solely by reason of a disability or impairment.
- Special testing arrangements will be considered for disabled individuals provided that requests for such arrangements are submitted with your examination application and are accompanied by documentation of the disability or impairment from a suitably licensed professional. Special testing accommodations, such as additional testing time, are scheduled subject to preapproval by Vickie Milazzo Institute. In some instances a 30-day period may be required for scheduling purposes. Only those candidates who have been granted this approval in advance will receive special accommodations during testing.