There is no better time than the New Year to reflect on the goals that can get us closer to the happiness and fulfillment we desire. Choose 12 goals that speak to you. Don’t panic. You don’t have to tackle all 12 goals at once.
In fact, attempting too many changes all at once usually results in abandonment of all goals, not to mention feeling lousy about yourself. Instead, you’ll work on one goal for 30 days before moving to the next. Having 30 days to sort out a new goal gives you plenty of time to master it and set yourself up for the next one.
Satisfactorily achieving a goal that can potentially last a lifetime accelerates momentum toward your next goal. Continually setting and achieving goals is one reason successful Certified Legal Nurse Consultants get even more successful year after year.
To get you started, select from this list of 20 goals that is guaranteed to benefit every Certified Legal Nurse Consultant. Yes, I’ve listed more than 12 because there’s no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to goal setting. We’re all at different levels and have different needs and desires.
Not all of the goals are legal nurse consulting-related because your personal life has to be congruent with your professional goals (e.g. health issues can get in your way) before professional success is possible. I know one Certified Legal Nurse Consultant whose CLNC® business soared when she finally lost those pesky extra 50 pounds.
Pick any 12 goals that are right for you or create your own:
- Seek a new challenge.
- Overcome a fear and just do it.
- Make time for yourself at the beginning and end of each day.
- Move your body throughout the day.
- Eliminate or reduce one bad food from your diet.
- Put yourself in front of an attorney a minimum of once a week.
- Retire one bad habit.
- Improve one weakness.
- Delegate housekeeping or a household project to your spouse, significant other or children.
- Announce your CLNC business on social media.
- Acknowledge your talent and nursing expertise daily.
- Read something 20 minutes each day that empowers you emotionally or intellectually.
- Sit and savor a cup of healthy green tea (or coffee) before the madness begins each day.
- Think two positive thoughts for every negative one.
- Network with a stranger once a week.
- Stop the gossiping, whining and complaining.
- Banish a negative person from your life.
- Get out in nature and take a hike.
- Ask someone you respect and admire for help.
- Say “no” to a request that doesn’t support your passionate vision.
Today is the day to put intention on the 2016 goals that will advance you. Pick a few easy ones (eat more cruciferous vegetables). Also pick some goals that scare you (exhibiting at a legal conference) – those are the ones you probably need the most.
Write down your 12 goals, assign a month to each one and put them where you can see them. Check in daily. Don’t be too hard on yourself, but when you slip do vow to get back on track.
Success Is Yours!
P.S. Comment and share the scariest 2016 goal you chose for your legal nurse consulting business and why you picked it.